Hoops, concerts, club sports on tap this weekend
- The ASUO Programs Fair takes place from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday in the Fishbowl and Ampitheater. The event provides student programs an opportunity to promote their organization and to recruit new members.
- Matt Knight Madness, a preview of the 2011-12 men's and women's basketball teams, kicks off at 7:30 p.m. at Matthew Knight Arena. The event is free, but fans are encouraged to bring three non-perishable food items for Food for Lane County. Jerry Allen and Mal Williams host the event, which includes short scrimmages by both squads. Raffle tickets will be distributed at the doors for prizes that will awarded during the evening, including 10 pairs of the limited edition Pit Crew Air Jordan 3.
- "One World, Two Guitars," featuring virtuoso guitarists Richard Smith and Francesco Buzzurro, is at 8 p.m. Friday at Beal Concert Hall. Tickets: $8 and $10, UO Ticket Office.
- "Billie: a Tribute to Billie Holiday," is at 8 p.m. Friday at the Miller Theater Complex, 1109 Old Campus Lane. Eugene singer Maya Thomas performs her one-woman play, weaving song with excerpts from Holiday's interviews and biography. Cost: free.
- The Women's Soccer club team plays Linn-Benton at 10 a.m. Saturday at NextTurf Field on campus.
- Women's Rugby takes on the Eugene Reign at 11 a.m. Saturday at Agnes Stewart Middle School in Springfield.