The five things freshmen need to know about Move-in Day at the UO
Move-In Day 2013, set for Sept. 26, is just around the corner. Here's what incoming freshmen need to know:
- Don’t over pack; there are plenty of places to shop and buy anything you might have forgotten. It’s often helpful to see your room first before you buy certain things.
- Pre-Arrival: Make sure you know where you are going. This handy Move-in Day Map will help you find your way. The UOregon App also has campus maps and check lists. The Resident Dashboard, aka The Dash, also has good information for incoming freshmen.
- Show up at your assigned time. We divide up check-in times so we can better assist everyone and not have long lines.
- Make sure to get your 30-minute parking pass when you check in. After 30 minutes you will need to move your car to non-active unloading zone to make room for others. Don’t worry — Unpack the Quack volunteers will be there to help you move in your belongings quickly.
- Meet your RAs. They are a great resource and can help answer lots of questions about the day.
For more, visit University Housing's Move-In Guide. And welcome to the University of Oregon!