Ducks, Bulldogs square off at Autzen
No. 4 Oregon (1-0) hosts the unranked Fresno State Bulldogs (1-0) of the Mountain West Conference.
KICKOFF: 3:30 P.M. Saturday at Autzen Stadium.
WEATHER: Partly cloudy with a high of 82.
ON THE AIR: Pac-12 Networks with Ted Robinson (play-by-play), Adam Archuleta (analyst) and sideline reporter Yogi Roth (reporter). Radio: Oregon IMG with with Jerry Allen (play-by-play) and Mike Jorgensen (analyst). Satellite radio: TBA.
REMINDER: The University of Oregon, including Autzen Stadium, is smoke- and tobacco-free.
KEN KATO, associate director of the geography department’s InfoGraphics Lab. Kato and his team were the 2011 and 2012 recipients of the ESRI Special Achievement in GIS and Best Mobile GIS App Awards, for their UOregon app, which is available for iPhone and Android users.
ANDREW MARCUS, associate dean of social sciences in the College of Arts and Sciences. Marcus, a geography professor, was named the 2012 Wayne Westling Award recipient for outstanding and long-term leadership and service to the university.
Marcus also served as the senior editor on the of the Atlas of Yellowstone, a collaboration with the UO, the National Park Service, Yellowstone-area universities and other federal and private agencies. The comprehensive, hard-bound reference book features colorful maps and data-rich graphics, covering a broad-spectrum history that reaches back millions of years.
- Oregon leads with series with Fresno State, 6-2. Fresno State last beat the Ducks in 1982 by a score of 10-4 at Autzen.
- Fans are encouraged to wear yellow.
- Freshman quarterback Marcus Mariota became the first freshman under center for Oregon since Danny O'Neil in 1991.
- Sophomore running back De'Anthony Thomas tied his single-game high with three touchdowns (on eight touches) last week vs. Arkansas State. He's tied for the scoring lead in the Footbowl Bowl Subdivision with 18 points.
- Oregon has scored at least 30 points in 14 consecutive games, the second longest streak in the nation behind Oklahoma State. The Ducks are 33-2 in the Chip Kelly era when they score 30 points or more.